My Etsy shop

Monday 19 December 2011

Ear plugs

A fellow wooodturner and good friend of mine wears ear plugs and asked me if I would make him a few sets- what looked like a very simple project has proved to be an interesting challenge....let me explain- I'm not one of those woodworkers who enjoys lots of measuring and being precise or making things to exact measurements, don’t get me wrong I love making boxes with suction fit lids but I don't measure anything to make them!!
well these plugs have to be exact!!!- they are 14mm thick-50mm in diameter with a 52mm flare





2 comments:

  1. Awesome plugs! How did you come across making the flares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi- thanks. I’m not sure what you mean about the flares, this was how I was asked to make them by the customer. I tend to make these to order as I can make lots of sizes in one millimetre steps

    ReplyDelete